This privacy statement applies to the processing of personal data by Advocaten Sociaal Recht – Gent bv, located at Molenaarsstraat 109, 9000 Gent.
Advocaten Sociaal Recht – Gent bv
Phone: +32 (0) 9 222 92 93
We take the protection of your data seriously and implement appropriate measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorized access, unwanted disclosure, and unauthorized modification.
If you feel that your data is not properly secured or there are indications of misuse, please contact us via the above contact details.
Personal data we process
We process your personal data for our legally defined competencies and obligations, because you use our services, and/or because you have provided them to us.
Personal data we (possibly) process include:
- Identity and contact details (first and last name, date and place of birth, gender, address, email address, phone and/or mobile number(s), marital status, family composition, identity card number, national registry number, etc.)
- Financial data (income, bank account number, IBAN, BIC Code, etc.)
- Work-related data (curriculum vitae, education and training, status, job title and description, professional income, social and tax documents, etc.)
- Other personal data you provide us
Special and/or sensitive personal data we (possibly) process include:
- Criminal history, facts, or convictions
- Data of persons under the age of 16
- Personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, and processing of genetic data, biometric data for uniquely identifying a person, or data concerning health, or data concerning a person’s sex life or sexual orientation
We do not intend to collect data from persons under the age of 16 unless consent is given by the parents or guardian, or when we are obliged to comply with legal obligations. If you believe we have collected personal data about a minor without consent, please contact us via the above contact details.
Purposes of processing
We process personal data for the following purposes:
- To represent the interests of clients
- To comply with legal, ethical, and other obligations that rest upon us
- To handle payments and collections
- To provide information about changes to our services and conditions
We do not use automated individual decision-making.
Legal grounds for processing
The legal grounds for processing personal data are:
- Your consent to process your personal data for one or more specific purposes
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party
- Processing is necessary to take measures at your request before entering into a contract
- Processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation resting upon us
- Processing is necessary to protect your vital interests or those of another natural person
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests or those of a third party
- Processing is necessary for a task of public interest
Sources of personal data
We may obtain personal data because you have provided it to us, because third parties have provided it to us (e.g., opposing parties and other involved persons, bailiffs, government agencies, etc.), or because it has been made public.
Public sources include:
- Digital and printed press
- Internet and social media
- Radio and television
Security of your personal data
We take appropriate organizational and technical measures to secure your personal data (such as, but not limited to, informing and raising awareness among our staff and employees, and encrypting personal data).
Retention of personal data
We retain personal data in paper and/or electronic form for as long as necessary to:
- Comply with legal, ethical, and other obligations
- Respect retention and limitation periods provided in regulations
Access to personal data
We do not sell personal data to third parties and only share it with third parties if necessary for the performance of our legal or other obligations and the representation of our clients’ interests (e.g., to judicial authorities, government agencies, lawyers, bailiffs, etc.).
We take necessary measures to ensure the security and confidentiality of personal data.
Cookies are small text files that can be used by websites to make a user’s experience more efficient.
According to the law, we may store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the use of the site. For all other types of cookies, we need your consent.
This website uses different types of cookies. Some cookies are placed by third-party services that appear on our pages.
Through the cookie statement on our website, you can change or withdraw your consent at any time.
Your consent applies to the following areas: www.gdprbelgium.be
Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, the website cannot function properly.
|Stores the user’s cookie status for the current domain
Statistical cookies help website owners understand how visitors use their website, by collecting and reporting data anonymously.
|Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website
|Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate
|Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.
|Used to send data to Google Analytics about the device and behavior of the visitor. Tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels.
|Collects data on the user’s visits to the website, such as which pages have been read.
We use third-party analytics cookies to provide us with information on the usage of our website and to optimize and improve our website.